Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Three Busy Days!

Fortunately, we got out of London just before the bigger storm hit.  There was snow on the ground when we left! From what we understand, there were lots of delays after we left!  
We arrived in Cape Town about 1030 am Cape Time, and have been busy ever since!  After getting settled in our Cape Dutch cottage on the wine estate that Marian's brother manages, we were given a royal South African welcome with lots of braai and many, many bottles of wine being consumed.  I have a picture but haven't figured how to download it yet as I forgot the cable for my camera!  Once I get that figured out, I will post several pictures. 
The next day we went back into Cape Town and spent some time and money on the waterfront and had fish and chips at a bay view pub.  Yesterday we went up Table Mountain on a cable car.  It was a fabulous view of the entire cape area, bays and beaches.  Brust, Brett, and Greig hiked up which was quite a feat!  It took them three hours, and were ready for a beer at the top.  Again, I have some great pictures once I get them off my camera!  Then, we drove around to the south side of the cape, had fish and chips again!  and saw lots of beautiful scenery before heading back home.  
After four days of pretty constant travel, we are pretty tired, so today has been a resting day, doing laundry, sitting by the pool, and we are hosting a braai later today.  There is lots of SA "family" here so, every event is a big event!
I am really sorry that I haven't had a chance to post anything for three days, but we have been so busy and it took us awhile to get the passwords for internet connections.  I love hearing from any of you who are following.  I would love to know what is going on at home, too!  I will be able to check email and things a little easier now.
Til later...love you all:)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear about the fun travels. We were wondering if you were stuck with the mass of people in London. Sounds like a total mess.
    As for your camera. If you can't find a cable look for a store like walmart, walgreens, that can take your sdcard and make a CD disc of your images.

    ReplyDelete